What We Do
Making Families Count run powerful and hard-hitting and inspirational training events for health and care providers, the voluntary sector and public organisations in the UK. Our training events include presentations and workshops.
- We believe families should be placed front and centre in health and social care from first contact and during investigations.
- The purpose of our training is to support providers to achieve effective, compassionate care to families.
- We assist you in providing excellent family and meaningful engagement from first contact. We also train staff to work well with families after serious incidents requiring investigation, especially when a loved one dies.
- We provide models of good practice for excellent family engagement.
- We give providers tools for working in sensitive and challenging situations
- We offer information, advice and support to families by linking them with skilled and knowledgeable organisations that can assist and advise them on next steps.
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust:
“An extremely useful event”
“Very powerful and memorable”
“Left me wanting to do better in the future”